In 1898 Albert Schild opened his special shop of wood carvings at Bahnhofstrasse 19 in Interlaken, Bernese Oberland. He sold his own exclusive wood carvings and also those made in
At the end of 1920 his son Ernst joined the firm – he extended the selection of articles also including personally designed wooden toys.
These articles were subsequently sold all over Switzerland. Today, the popular handpainted wooden red cow with its leather ears is still a favourite.
In 1973, his nephew Walter Andreas Fuchs took over the firm. Besides the wood carvings and wooden toys Swiss made souvenirs were included.
Albert Schild Ernst Schild Walter Andreas Fuchs
Since 1995 his son Kaspar Fuchs is in charge of this traditional house – the fourth generation. Since 2006 Albert Schild AG runs the museumsshop in the Swiss National Museum in Zurich.
1920 in der eigenen Werkstatt
1920 Künstler am Werk